The silhouette of the fortress, cathedral and church towers of the beautiful baroque city of Salzburg at the northern edge of the Alps is a must-see!
The Mozart city of Salzburg is the capital of the Salzburg region with its 150,000 inhabitants and is the fourth largest city in Austria. The city has a long and eventful history and has preserved many treasures for its visitors. The picturesque old town extends over both sides of the Salzach river and presents ornate facades, narrow streets and historic buildings. The well-preserved treasures have given the city UNESCO World Heritage Site honors.
But the historical significants and beauty of the city are not the only things that make it worth a visit. The locals, the lively hustle and bustle on the streets and the many cozy cafes in the streets give the city the atmosphere of a Tuscan town. At the same time, the Mozart city also offers an enormous variety of attractions and activities.
Top 10 sights in the city:
- Hohensalzburg Fortress
- Mozarts Birth House
- Mozart's house
- Dome Salzburg
- Hellbrunn Castle and water games
- Salzburg Museum
- Museum of modern art on the Mönchsberg
- House of Nature
- Residenz gallery
- Salzburg Zoo
Leisure time activities:
- Shopping: Salzburg is a great place to shop. Besides the beautiful old town with its great variety of stores, narrow streets and traditional shops, there is also an outlet center and an enormous shopping mall.
- Culinary treats in Salzburg: Shaded beer gardens, traditional coffee houses, classy gourmet restaurants, trendy bars and cozy restaurants are all very inviting. The variety of culinary treats in Salzburg is enormous: both night-owls and those with a sweet tooth are sure to enjoy their stay.
- City of art for art-lovers:A trip to Salzburg would be incomplete without a trip to an art gallery, theater, concert or dance performance. For lovers of culture, Salzburg offers over 4,000 events per year - including the world famous Salzburg Advent Singing and the Mozart Festival.